Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Bachelor Rome: The Final Three

If you read my previous recap of the Bachelor, than you know that I was not surprised that Agnese went home on Monday. It is terribly difficult to have a relationship with someone that you can barely talk to. However, I will say that I thought she looked real good this week. It seemed pretty clear to me that LorB was attracted to her the most. I guess its no surprised since she made the final 4 and cant talk to him, but I thought his body language and move busting really showed how much he wanted it. Also I think he was surprised that he had as strong of feelings as he did. He really liked her physically but knew she couldn’t compare to the other girls in terms of a connection on a deeper level. I think he was sincerely upset when she was leaving, but he did sort of make it sound fake when he commented that he wanted to be emotional to let her know how hard a choice it was for him. I also think that the cry-session they shared might have helped Agnese if they had done it sooner. I think LoBo may have valued this other form of communication and it may have helped her stick around a bit longer.

I can’t believe that Jennifer is still around. I still really don’t see why he likes her. I think she is solid, I just don’t see LoBs being that into her. He knows she possesses good qualities, and sometimes I think he is too busy looking for reasons to eliminate girls as opposed to looking for the things he likes. For instance I thought he genuinely had a connection with Agnese, granted it was probably mainly physical, but it was more than I have seen him have with most of the other girls. And I haven’t even gotten to Jennifer’s family. I would like to think they were being extra awkward and weird because they were being filmed, but her dad was pretty sketchy. Did he not think about how strange I was to threaten a grown man on national TV? I know he is just being a protective father and making a point, but the guy who he is threatening is trying to decide between your daughter and a bunch of other hot girls (who potentially have normal parents.) I know he was just being honest because he cares for his daughter, but I am not sure he was really helping her cause.

If you want to talk about doing things to drop your stock, I should probably mention what Lisa did in this episode. She had her best friend stop by why LBo was at her place. That would be acceptable, but the problem was that she was carrying a wedding dress! In what world is this normal? I think every guy in the world sided with eL-Bo when he said something like “what guy wouldn’t be sort of freaked out?” And the worst part was life planning Lisa claimed she thought it went well and him seeing her in the dress helped her chances. Wrong! I couldn’t get as good of a read with Lisa’s family. They seemed kind of normal I guess, all aware that Lisa is a planner. This did, at least in my mind, somewhat justify her obsessive plan. It may not have justified it, but at least you could see that this is how she always is with her life. She is not just some crazy girl who is obsessed with only getting married. I can’t decide if Lisa or Jennifer is going home next week. Fearing for his life, I hope elbow gets rid of Jennifer first. Otherwise her dad is going to be pissed because she is going to be even more upset in the finale when ZoBo selects Sadie.

Sadie is still the lock to win the show. In my view, her family was far and away the most normal, and I agreed with ‘Renz that knowing Sadie this was not at all surprising. There isn’t too much to say about Sadie other than I could see a potential issue next week with the overnight dates. And it is going to go like this: They have romantic date, Sadie knows there is the fantasy suite option and will be all worked up about it. LoZo will know this is coming, and be classy about it. One of two things will happen:
1) after being asked, Sadie will say she would love to stay the night, and she even considers losing herself for him. However, ZoLo knows better than this, and having had his share of women doesn’t mind holding out. So he will be her knight in shining armor when he respectfully declines her invitation. He wants to be the one, he just doesn’t mind waiting. I am not sure if she will actually make the offer in this option, but either way the ending is the same: failure to launch the USS LoBo, but both parties are happy and she goes on to win.
2) Sadie declines the overnight date. It is just not her style, and despite having been stressed about it for days, she decides not to go for it. She fears that this will be a major dagger to her chances, but LB (not to be confused with LB33) doesn’t care. He still likes her the best and ends up picking her. Just that instead of getting with Sadie he calls up Agnese and spends the night with her, but never tells anyone. Just kidding, although LoZoBo wouldn’t hate that.

So that’s my thoughts on the Bachelor. If I had to make predictions, I would say: 3. Jennifer 2. Lisa 1. Sadie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I will say is that

A)Nothing, absolutley nothing, justifies Lisa's plan. She should have been given the ax on the spot when her friend arrived with the wedding dress. She acted surprised but I am sure she was in on that arrangement. Did you catch the previews for next week where LoBOZO finds out that she had only broken up with her boyfriend a few weeks prior to signing up for Bachelor? She must have realized she only had a year to meet another guy, fall in love and get married before her plan is ruined.

b) Jen's dad is insane. Can't he be arrested for making a death threat? Other than that I don't know why she bothers you so much. She seems kinda normal to me.

c) LoBOZO could learn Italian if Agnese really meant that much to him. What's more romantic than that? I also agree that his comment about "having to be emotional for her so that she saw how hard it was" negated all the tears he shed. I really thought she was the front runner after their date. I think that ABC editing is to blame for that. The dinner at her house was probably far more awkward than they let off.

d) Sadie will win I think. And BTW, just because she chooses to stay in the suite with Lorenzo doesn't mean she has to have sex with him. She should take the opportunity to spend more uninterupted time with him without the cameras. She is stupid if she doesn't take this chance...

It was incredibly irritating that they "teased" Erica's return all night so that she could make some strange analogy to milkshakes. That girl got exactly what she wanted - 15+ minutes of fame.

Brian said...

yeah, i dont think even if sadie stays overnight that they do it. i think whether or not she stays they dont do it. if thats not how it sounded than i appologize. i agree with you.

i also do think lisas plan is crazy, i am just saying that her entire life was like that. her dad said she writes down thiNGS all the time. so i was just saying its not out of character. she not only obsessed with planning her wedding. she is like that in all aspects. that still is strange, but not as pyscho as someone who was only obsessed with a wedding.

Anonymous said...

Not much traffic to your Bachelor post this time. What gives? People probably know you like Lisa.