Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Bachelor: The Final 2

I thought this week’s episode of the Bachelor was pretty boring. It was down to three girls, with each of them having their overnight dates with Lorenzo.

The first date was Jen. The date went better than I would have expected as the two seemed to get along very well. She seems relatively normal (aside from her family) and down to earth, and I think Lobes really likes her. She would probably be considered the dark horse candidate, but I think that is only due to the way the show edits the footage and chooses what viewers see. I suspect she has been a strong choice for much of the way, she just got less camera time than other girls. And I suspect the reason for this is because she is normal. There were many other bitter/jealous/drunk/stupid girls doing much more interesting things than having class and being normal.

The second individual overnight date was Lisa. This was awkward. It was clear that Zobo planned on using this date to be serious and ask questions that he had previously avoided. To his credit, he stuck with his plan and asked the girls the things he wanted to know. He certainly expressed how he felt and faced and uncertainties that he had. Unfortunately for Lisa, this caused her stock to drop dramatically. With her plan exposed, she did a very poor job of defending herself when questioned about her intentions. I don’t think that she was being fake, I just think that she was asked some difficult questions and she hadn’t thought about what she was going to say ahead of time. And stumbling over your suspect answers is never a good approach when you are being asked serious questions. (In her defense, I always feel the need to defend her; I think her answer about why she went on the show was acceptable. She said she went on there to have fun, and there is nothing wrong with that. That’s normal. What are not normal are people who prep themselves to fall in love with someone they have never met, and then do so. All a reasonable contestant can do is show up with an open mind, knowing there is a chance you might like what you see.) Needless to say, I felt it was pretty clear that she was the third ranked girl, even before they showed the date with Sadie.

The last date went well, which should surprise no one because Sadie has been the top choice since the first show. They always have a good time together and in my opinion he is the most intrigued by her. That’s not to say he doesn’t have feelings for the others, but I think there is the most chemistry between the two of them. The only annoying thing about their date was her issue with saving herself. I can understand that she was concerned about it, but as a viewer it was totally clear that Lozo was not going to care. And to make matter worse, there was no other drama or issues this entire episode. So the producers had to focus on this issue, which means every time she mentioned it (which was a lot) they showed it. And before every commercial break they had to bring it up (up next, the virgin decides… after the break, will she save herself? More to come, including Sadie’s choice for the overnight fantasy suite… What will go down next, will it be Sadie?) In any case, as I predicted in the last recap it all worked out and Sadie maintained her position as the favorite.

I was a little surprised how upset Lisa was in the limo. It’s a completely normal reaction; I just didn’t expect it from her. I guess since she has been pretty confident, and because they tried to make it seem like she liked getting married and sticking to her plan much more than Lorenz (which may have been true.) I also wish that when LBorg was saying his final goodbye to the loser that he would stop focusing on looks. Every week he makes a point to tell them that he thinks they are really hot, and I think it makes him sound like that’s all he cares about. Clearly if they made it this far he is attracted to them, and its not the only thing he cares about.

I think next week is the ‘Women Tell All’ which always gets on my nerves because you have a room full of bitter jealous girls. Then I assume the following week is the finale where LorBer will propose to say-it-ain’t-Sadie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Bri, I agree with most of your sentiments this week. I still don't know why you have to defend Lisa but to each his own. She was so upset becuase her plan was ruined and now she'll have to go home and throw out all of her wedding magazines and return her dress. Basically, I loathe her.

I agree there was too much time spent on Sadie's "big decision." The fact that they said "the virgin must decide" was absurd.

Next week will be a big drama fest surrounding Erica's many exploites. Lame.

Anonymous said...

MorPie, I think your thoughts (ha) made sense. The bottom line is that whoever LoBo picks won't really matter in 6 months becuase they will be broken up if they aren't already. I mean don't get me wrong it's great tv but how long will it take the people on this show and the majority of the celebrity population to realize that people need to go on more than 3 dates before deciding to get hitched.

I would like to see a Bachelor fantasy sweet sex history...I constantly wonder how many of the girls are really sleeping with the bachelor. I wonder which Bachelor has slept with the most people. What if there was a Bachelor baby...

Eric said...

Wait, so you're saying it isn't all about looks? JK

Nice spam comment by the way.