Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Updated: The Bachelor Recap

I am a little bit surprised by which girls are remaining. I am going to break it down by girl, as I did in my last Bachelor post. I will comment on the 6 girls who were remaining at the beginning of last night’s episode. For lack of a better order, I am going alphabetically.

Agnese- She still cant speak English. Obviously she wasn’t going to learn it in a week (or however long between episodes) but it still seems to be a major issue. In my opinion she is not very hot. At first I thought she was kind of hot, but the more I see of her, the less attractive I find her. I think Lobo finds her attractive, but I don’t believe that is what is keeping her around. There are two other more important reasons why she continues to get roses. The first is because of the lack of competition. The other girls, as a whole, really aren’t that impressive this season. The second, and more important reason, is her inability to communicate. This is a major dagger in real life, but on reality dating shows this is a major plus for Lobo. What I mean is that basically at any time he can bounce her at any time and not feel bad about it. He can play the ‘I can’t even talk to you’ card and everyone (including her) has to understand. I think as he narrows it down, he feels like he is leading on the girls he lets continue. And that means that they are going to like him more, and he is going to have to hurt them more. If he keeps her around until say the final 3 or 4, it makes his decision at that time much easier. And he is doing this while still giving himself a chance to develop real feelings for her. But if not it’s like when you had a P-wing in Mario Brothers to pass any level at any time, you wouldn’t use it on an easy level. You would wait until you were faced with a very difficult decision. I think thus far there have been other girls he wanted to bounce more each week, so he did. He is saving her to eliminate her later. I realize that sounds strange.

Desiree- She has toned down the ‘yeah, baby’ which is a good thing. Clearly that is her most annoying feature. She is somewhat attractive, although like Agnese the more I see of Desiree the less hot I find her. Lobo knows she is freaky, and if it were about just hooking up Desiree would stand a much better chance. I think Lobo was intrigued, and as a result gave her a chance. But I think other than her craziness and slight hotness Lobo wasn’t really feeling it. He didn’t think of her as someone he would be happy with down the road. I am not saying she is dumb, but I got the feeling that Lobo didn’t feel like he wanted someone who comes off as she does. And I don’t mean to be insulting; I just didn’t see him wanting a girl like that. Because of that, I was not surprised that she got bounced last night. I was annoyed how fired up she got regarding Lisa. But I will save that for my comments about Lisa.

Jeanette- Lobo raved about how attracted he was to her, and other than maybe part of the first episode, I never saw it. I did think she had more of a chance a week or two ago. Lobo was feeling her, and she was quiet but in a good way. While other psycho b’s are making themselves look horrible, she remained quiet. So I wasn’t surprised she made it this far. And going into last night’s episode I had her penciled in as maybe in the final 3. I knew she wasn’t winning but I thought it was her spot to lose. And last night that’s exactly what she did. Not to be mean, but I thought she looked not very good last night. And then she totally dropped the ball after winning the chariot race and not taking advantage. Enjoy the moment? What? When you were little, and it was your birthday and you were blowing out candles and someone said ‘make a wish’ did you ever say to yourself ‘I just want to enjoy the moment’? It’s not a bad thing to want; it’s actually a very nice wish. However, it seemed weak (Lobo even called it a cop-out which I appreciated that he recognized) and sort of cheesy. Like she was trying to seem thoughtful and it felt so suck-up-y. That’s just my opinion though. Overall, I wasn’t sad to see her go.

Jennifer- I barely knew who she was before last night. She was just kind of one of those blond girls who was laying low, not being too crazy and capitalizing on her alone time with Zo. And it seems to be working. Going to their date last night, I immediately started feeling bad for her. I was fearful that Lobo was going to bounce her after the date just as he had done the week before in an alone date. I was thinking it would go nearly the same- he would say that he wanted to be fair and truthful and that he just wasn’t feeling it. But I was wrong! The date went well and she got a rose. I still don’t have tons of opinions on her. She seems nice and pretty down to earth. The biggest dagger for her (it appears) is going to be when Zo meets her family. I am pretty sure last night she said they were cool, but then after she got the rose she casually mentioned something like ‘except for my dad, hes kind of crazy’ or something like that. Then in the previews they show her hunter dad loading a gun and jokingly threatening Lobo. But I won’t judge too prematurely because that could easily be a tiny clip taken out of context. Or she could have a crazy family that scares Zo. We will have to wait and see.

Lisa- As you may remember, I really liked her at the beginning. Well I still like her, maybe not as much as I used to, but she is still currently high in the power rankings. The thing that gets me is that everyone hates her so much. I understand that she has this 5 year plan, but since when is that a bad thing. Sure, it’s abnormal to plan your future out when it comes to the romantic aspect. But how is that any worse than the other girls? They are all going out of the country and falling in love with this guy they just met. In my opinion this show is unique because it’s not a normal love situation. Every other girl insists that Lisa’s feelings aren’t genuine and that she is playing the game. Playing the game? She is trying to get Lobo to like her. THAT’S CALLED DATING! Aren’t they all doing that? So the other girls go on this show, meet this prince, fall in love with him, and try and get him to fall in love with them. Well, if you were going on a job interview (which is similar) wouldn’t you do research in an effort to make yourself seem more desirable to the company? It’s like they are all bitter and jealous because she is familiar with the Bachelor. Why is that wrong? It's not, more power to her. Its not like she doesn’t like Zo just as much as the other girls, she does. But they use this against her and try and pretend their feelings are more real. I don’t think they are. Yes, I think Lisa has issues. But her main issue is that she doesn’t understand how having this ‘plan’ makes her come off. Its not like other people haven’t thought to themselves that ideally they would like to be married by X, or have kids at a certain time. Most people have an opinion on those matters, even if they say they don’t. It’s just that verbalizing it and talking about it all the time makes you seem strange. And she is, but I suspect that is the type of person that she is in life. She probably is organized and goal oriented and a hard worker. So it’s not surprising that she is good at ‘The Bachelor.’ Anyways, I still sort of like her, but I must admit that her plan does sort of tarnish her image. As a viewer I would like her more if she made no mention of her plan, but I am not Lobo, and his opinion is the only one that matters. Not to mention I am sure CBS doesn't mind showing each and every time she says it, possibly distorting our view. Anyways, I think she is in good shape, but based on the previews of next episode I don’t see her going as far as I once thought. It appeared that she already had a wedding dress and all these wedding plans despite the fact that she has no guy. I definitely think that if this is the case that it is going to freak out Zo.

Sadie- Clearly still my top choice and I am hoping I will be able to say that I had it right wire-to-wire. She remains atop the list because she is hot, nice funny, charming, and to me she is the most normal girl remaining. Every time they are alone they get along very well. In my opinion, she has a charming innocence about her while still remaining confident. I think Lobo digs that, and I think he gets the sense that she has a lot of the qualities that he would like in a wife. To me it’s her show to lose. The only thing that potentially could go wrong is if she falls head over heels for him. If that happens to the extreme, and Zo notices, he might feel added pressure/stress or be nervous about it. Generally, it is not common of men to like when girls are obsessed over them. I think they tend to enjoy the chase, which Sadie has handled very well thus far. And once they are down to the last 2 or 3, every girl on this show always says they are falling for him, and they never thought they would find real feelings… And I am just thinking that she could be worse than other girls, because she is so innocent. Honestly I don’t at all see this being a problem. I was just trying to think of something to write about Sadie other than she is the New England Patriots of The Bachelor and she should win. But she is the best girl left for many reasons and I will be rooting for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First it should be said that I love how you change The Bachelor's name in every paragraph...first its LoBor or Lobo and then just Zo. Hilarious.

I agree with most of your sentiments though still don't understand what you see in Lisa. She is insane. She is one step away from the "my eggs are drying up" girl from last season. The fact that she already has a wedding dress and wedding magazines solidifies my opinion. I can't believe she is still here and that I actually agree with The Socialite on that matter. If Enzo doesn't loose her after the home dates I don't repsect him as much as I thought I did.

Do you think if whats her name wished for a rose she would have gotten one? Was that a permissalbe wish? Even if it was I wouldn't really want to get a rose just because he was obligated to give it to me. Perhaps if it was me I would have just wished to make the other girls go home so that I had a one-on-one with him for the remainder of the time.

Go Sadie.

Brian said...

i was thinking that maybe Jeanette wasnt allowed to use that as her wish. i dont know. how about a kiss or something. anything would have been better than what she said.

and lisa is one step from dry eggs girl? no chance lance! you are crazy! she is a bit organized, but not super pyscho. her objective is to get Zobo to like her (and then get married on the date she already picked, pregnant on May 21, 2008, give birth to a girl on March 17, 2009... does that make her wierd?)

And nice work posting as "Amanda"

-Anonymous