Monday, November 20, 2006

Deal or no deal

I was just watching Deal or No Deal and something out of the ordinary happened. There was a girl on the show who [i think] was obsessed with the color lime green. She also was pretty young, and based on her comments I assumed she was in college. She was being sort of funny because she was mocking Howie and saying all of the shows catch phrases. Anyways, she was doing ok and there were about 6 or so cases left to open. There was only one large amount remaining as she had just eliminated the second largest amount. They presented her with an enormous lime green lime on stage and told her that was her newest offer from the bank. At that point they rolled out a jazzed up Cadillac Escalade. It looked like something that Xzibit would create on Pimp My Ride. There were LCD screens all over, along with a big time stereo and some big spinning rims. [Side note, I think my favorite part of the episode was when Howie bent down and pointed out the 24" spinners.]

Anyways, they said the value of the car was $85K. There was 1 case with a big amount and all other cases contained small amounts. I was thinking that this is the type of situation where I would not take a deal. She needs to open only 1 case and over 80% of the time her offer will go up. The other thing that I was thinking is that I would much prefer to have the cash, over a brand new car with many costly upgrades. I think that an ugly overpriced car is not the best way to spend 85 grand. I can understand the appeal, since it is the type of car that you would never buy. Even if she won enough money on the show to buy such a vehicle, it seems unlikely that she would get this car. So she must have just wanted to take the car while she had the chance, since she took the deal.

Other thoughts:

The next guy on DOND brought his mailman as one of his friends. If you could go on TV and bring 3 people, would you bring your mailman? Even if he is your best friend, wouldnt you introduce him as that instead of the mailman? It makes him look like he doesnt have many friends... Also, if I see one more "save the cheerleader, save the world" preview or David Blaine Target commercial... How as Duke only -230 vs. Air Force tonight? That money line seems incorrect. I guess AF is strong this year, it just seemed bad to me, so I bet on Duke. They are up 10 with 3 minutes left so we will see... Morgan told me she wouldnt want to go on DOND because she wouldnt want to deal with losing money. She isnt excited about winning not the biggest amount, I mean she would be frustrated to win an amount and then find out she could have possibly won more... The next guy, the friend of the mailman, is doing pretty well so far and is on the way to getting a nice offer from the banker... The Bachelor is on tonight but I believe its the episode where the women all get together and confront one another...

2 comments:

Eric said...

I only saw like 30 seconds of DOND last night and it was when the brought out that car. It was hideous, the girl who won it was not.

Anonymous said...

I was watching the DOND last night with my roommate....both of us had several comments about the girl, most of which will remain silent....one that I can share is that we thought that she was pathetic (as well as her family) for there antics after the stupid car was offered. By antics I mean hysterical crying and jumping around. I hope she gets car jacked or into an accident. I just can't stand people that are like that. I wanted to vomit, so I proceeded to do 13 shots on whiskey in 20 minutes.....just kidding