Monday, November 20, 2006

Jewel Live

I think in the blogworld it is common to talk about music and to review stuff, and since I havent done much of either, I thought I would give it a shot.

I saw Jewel on Saturday night at the Hippodrome in Baltimore and I thought it was one of the best performances I have seen. It reminded me very much of the old MTV Unplugged concerts because on stage was only Jewel and a guitar. She casually asked the crowd for song requests, and told a bunch of funny stories that I thought really helped me get a feeling for the type of person that she is. Perhaps I enjoyed the concert so much because I like Jewel. I have all of her albums and even though I dont talk about it much, I really enjoy all of her music. I think I like that her lyrics are orignal and meaningful, but not always too serious. Oh, and she is hot and can sing quite well. I felt the other night at the concert many of her songs were more like a story than a song. I also appreciated that the performance was different than the music on her albums. One thing that bothers me at concerts is when singers perform songs exactly as I hear them on the radio. I go to a concert to be entertained, and sitting and watching a boring person sing a song I have heard many times does not entertain me. I was very entertained, in particular when she was yodelling as I have never heard.

So if you enjoy relaxing in a nice theatre listening to hot female vocalists with unique voices sing and tell stories, than I would recommend attending a Jewel concert.


Bonus thoughts:
The concert was especially awesome because I attended it with my brother-in-law. There were not that many guys at the concert, and of the men who were there most of them were with their wives/girlfriends. And then a small percentage of guys were there, perhaps on a date, with another man. I honestly think we were the only 2 straight men at the concert together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That sounds awesome. I really wish I had taken you up on the offer to go on a date with you ;O) We had too much going on down here though. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Mike said...

I think I have a physics lab report to write.

Anonymous said...

Cuz, I can't imagine why you don't talk much about owning all of the Jewel albums.

Anonymous said...

I bet you guys don't have her Xmas album. If not, it's a great one. I think it came out about 10 years ago but still...