Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Serious Sirius

I recently got Sirius radio and felt obligated to post my thoughts on this product. Quite simply, it is awesome. I spend a fair amount of time in the car and I really enjoy having so many listening options. I would guess that in the last 2 weeks while listening to it (at least 14 hours probably more), I have listened to only about 5 or so complete songs. I am unable to stick with one song because I know on another station there is another great song, and I need to know what that song is. Journey, PC, Michael Jackson, Wham, etc. are never more than a scroll button away. I think Its almost like I have a personal assistant who has the soul task of thinking of random songs. The satisfaction is similar to playing the baseball player name game, needing a name that starts with L and coming up with Lee Tunnell...

---------
Updated

After posting that link I got really excited and found some other great links:

This guy may be related to a regular reader.
This guy was one of my favorite players in the 80s.
This and this are two of the few 80's players I don't remember.
Who hasn't heard of this guy?

3 comments:

Mike said...

While we are on the topic... for some reason this has always been my favorite baseball name:

Rance Mulliniks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RANCE-MULLINIKS-1985-TOPPS-AUTO-BASEBALL-CARD-PSA-DNA_W0QQitemZ8717334559QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Mike said...

That got me thinking and led me to this:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/tyhildenbrandt/2006/01/12/Top_Ten_Baseball_Names_of_AllTime

Now if only I can figure out how to do hyperlinks in the comments.

Anonymous said...

No relation....I got a certain sense of satisfaction out of being referred to as a regular reader. You should know that my sister Jeanine is frequents this site as well. She even called to tell me the other day that she was have a below average day until she read one of your posts.

Keep up the good work.

I like office pranks and reality tv (heavy on the Hills, AI and The bachelor when it returns)