Thursday, January 25, 2007

Maybe that's not exactly what she said...

I was just chatting with some co-workers at the water cooler (yes, this really happens) when I mixed in a "that's what she said." [TWSS]

There were two problems with this action. The first is that for the two co-workers, one male and one female, english is not their first language. The second problem was that they do not watch The Office. These two problems resulted in neither one getting the joke. I pretty much interrupted thier conversation just to crack myself up and say TWSS. I asked the guy how he was doing, and complimented him on his travel hot beverage container (like a spill-proof insulated coffee cup.) He replied something like 'thanks, yes the outside is cool looking" or something similar to that. I honestly can't remember. And then, unable to resist temptation, I blurted out TWSS.

Now I admit that my TWSS wasn't my best. And I am guilty of over-using certain sometimes hilarious phrases, although I am not sure this was one of those times. Well the guy responded with a courtesy chuckle, and I wasn't sure if he got it or not. As this was happening, he was already leaving the room. So after our exchange he was gone. It was then that the female said something under her breath. I couldn't hear it clearly, but it sounded like "I didn't say that." [GULP] Yikes, the only thing I had was the old "so, you drink coffee?" and judging by her casual response of "yes. a lot" I think I was able to play it off alright... (much better than the now imfamous 'How about those Redskins')

2 comments:

Eric said...

My first thought while reading the "so, you drink coffee?" sentence was, I'm going to post something about "How bout those Redskins" but you beat me to it

Mike said...

I can't think of anything to add, but I do want to say that TWSS is almost never wrong.