Monday, April 09, 2007

you know you made it when

It used to be that only a small group of co-blogging friends (him, him and him) ever read this blog, then over time that group slowly increased. Well it seems now that more people come to this site from a google image search than not. In other words, a very slight majority of my readers are reading my blog for the first time.

Here are the two most popular routes to my blog:

Searching google images for burmese python (click on second image)
Searching google images for shaving armpit hair (check the fourth image)

Keep in mind these are search results, so the order of results may vary or change. But let me be honest, I like being the fourth highest ranked source for pictures of removing underarm hair. And the best part is they are not even my pictures, just pictures I that I linked. I understand searching for pictures of Antonella on the toilet, but I am SHOCKED at the number of people who search for pictures of armpit hair. Why are people not searching for pictures of wet nuts or shaky face? It's like people are actually using the internet for useful information!

4 comments:

chuck zoi said...

I have some odd top search hits too:

- beard growing
- badass movies
- awesome words

And that is just for See For Yourself.

Man Beard Blog recently got a hit from a search for "young man with huge testicles"

Eric said...

I get a lot of mustache related searches.

ps I love the idea of someone sitting at the computer writing and thinking to themselves, "I'm not really expressing my ideas well enough because of my limited vocabulary. I know, I'll do a Google search for some awesome words to use."

Mike said...

I definitely would have thought that the Antonella pic would have been a more popular search, but i guess she's probably all over the net so the picture pool is huge.

Unknown said...

i actually found you blog by doing a search for shaky nuts + wet face...