Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Random Referrals


I saw that someone came to my blog via this page:

http://www.google.com/search?q=jamaican%20guy%20on%20starburst%20commercial&hl=en&lr=&start=20&sa=N (check the 7th webpage listed)

I guess I am glad that my page comes up as the 27th best match on Google when searching for that specific person , and also nice work by the searcher because I probably would have not even looked at results 21-30.

Originally I had the key phrase (J G on S C) in this post and was wondering if the post would move me up in the rankings on Google. Then I thought that was cheating so i removed the phrase.

Kind of I love internet searching, aka googling. I also love when people reach my site by chance after searching on a search engine for a particular topic. It seems the most popular by far is for that high school football player Pat that I commented on a few weeks ago. More than a few times per week someone stumbles upon my blog after searching for something related to him. Second place would probably be people searching for the donut establishment and smoothie discussion. Sometimes for fun I search for things I have posted about before just to see if it comes up, or more importantly, how far down I am on the list of sites.

On a side note, to prove my internet searching capabilities, recently the guy who sits next to me at work had his bike stolen from his car. Days later, after hearing the story, I found it on ebay.

------

I love mustaches!

------

Whats up now NYC?


4 comments:

Wendy said...

also, I kind of think it would be great if that pic worked it's way into your engagement announcement

Eric said...

Yeah not only did he stand under the no standing sign, we beat up a cop who tried to stop him

Brian said...

eric is right. and then we shared fruit smoothies

Anonymous said...

i love the 'stache Morgan! it makes you look mischievous, among other things.