Wednesday, February 07, 2007

not what i expected


This is not what I expected Katharine McPhee's first album cover to look like. I am not saying I mind at all, I am just saying it doesn't seem to match the image she portrayed on American Idol last year... I think I remember her lying on the ground and singing barefoot saying that was how she was most comfortable.

I confess that I probably will buy the album, since she was my favorite contestant from last season (along with Pickler). Although part of me does feel like she is 'selling out' a bit. I always got the impression she was not trying to be a pop princess. I assumed that the songs she chose were the type of songs that she enjoyed singing.

That being said, I don’t really hold this against her. Were I in her shoes (or knee length leather boots in this case) I would probably sing whatever song I could to produce a popular record.

3 comments:

Eric said...

It is a treat though. I preview some of the songs from the album on iTunes yesterday and they are also not really what I expected.

Mike said...

It's possible that she just played up the nice, innocent image to do better on the show. It worked for Clarkson, Underwood, and Pickler. The pop vixon image (like that cover) has never won AI. She was just playing to the crowd.

Anonymous said...

i totally have a bad case of mcpheever right now