Wednesday, February 28, 2007

interesting predictions courtesy of Dial Idol

Dial Idol predicts that Brandon and Nick will be voted off tomorrow. Based on what I saw, that would not be surprising [then again i have never voted on AI.] That site is pretty interesting though, users can upload the program and use it to speed dial votes via your modem. I guess the analysis it provides is based on the rate of busy signals... anyways, if you are nerdy and care to read about it you can find answers to most of your questions here.

If you want to know my opinion of last night, I liked Blake and Chris R the best. I thought Brandon was sort of weak (although he picked another awesome song, just not AI awesome) and Sanjaya was terrible. I think S-jaya has a good voice, but it is so awkward it's almost painful to watch when he sings. Chris S still looks like he belongs on The Family Guy, but he did alright. I just don't like him as much as others seem to. AJ seemed kind of female and diva-like the way he constantly moved his neck. I thought the bald guy Phil was good. Jared did well and sung another money song, but i think it was said that he lives at home with his parents, which he seems kind of old to be doing... Sundance was strong, but he was bad 5 times in a row, so eventually he had to do better. Finally Nick was average. I think SJaya and Nick should be bounced.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you could list each singer in conjunction with the song they sang it would help people like me follow your posts :)

Anonymous said...

If you could list each singer in conjunction with the song they sang it would help people like me follow your posts :)

chuck zoi said...

Yeah I can't keep track of all the names of people either.

My scattered thoughts:

Sanjaya - sucked so hard that he can never recover. a shame because i liked him at first.

Fat Chris with frizzy hair - I loved this guy up until the moment he talked back to Simon and now I don't like him at all. Fuck this guy. His song this week was boring I thought, but not bad.

The Poor Man's Timberlake that sand the Jason Mraz song - I don't know what the judges were thinking. His performance was ok at best. It didn't deserve the rave reviews. "Better than the original" ??? WTF

Tall Brother who sang Let's Get it On - boring

Fat Sundance Man Beard - good performance

Beatbox Blake - Still far and away the best guy. His performance was decent. I agreed with Simon's assessment that it wasn't spectacular but I thought it was such a creative selection that it didn't even matter as long as he did a decent job, which he did.

That tall awkward bald guy - he is so tall and awkward and bald. He sings ok, but I have trouble looking at him because of his resemblence to Gollum.

anyone else wasn't memorable enough to comment.

chuck zoi said...

oh wait that gay AJ guy is really good too. i like him.

Mike said...

I didn't see the girls perform or the results show, but I'm happy with 3 out of the 4 people voted off. I would have swapped Sanjaya for AJ. I guess the 10-14 year old girls must be swooning over that guy or something, otherwise I don't know where his votes could be coming from.

I realize Antonella is horrible and deserves to get bounced (be a bigger disappointment, by the way), but Leslie and Alaina were right behind her in my book and don't deserve a top 12 spot either, so I'll take it.

chuck zoi said...

I'm bitter about AJ, who was better than at least half the other guys. Sanjaya is a train-wreck.

Meanwhile the top 6 girls (Gina, Cousin Jordin, Lakisha, Melinda, Sabrina, Stephanie) are better than all of the guys