Monday, February 12, 2007

to the left, to the left...

I hear that new Beyonce song on the radio a lot, and everytime I notice the same thing:

I could have another you in a minute
Matter fact he’ll be here in a minute

It reminds me of an old Beastie Boys song (Pass the Mic):

Everybody’s rapping like it’s a commercial
Acting like life is a big commercial

I think it sounds bad when you have a song that has words that rhyme, and then you throw in one two-line verse that ends in the same word. I know there are many other songs that have similar conditions, these are just two that came to mind first.

It kind of reminds me of a first grader's poem-

School is very fun
At recess I like to run
Lunch time is neat
My swiss cake roll is sweet
Math is cool
First grade is cool

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i know exactly what you mean!

Anonymous said...

that is so funny! i have thought about that myself sometimes.

Eric said...

I like the enthusiasm displayed by anonynous and jimbo. They are really feeling what you're saying about Beyonce. You can tell by the exclamation points!

Mike said...

Another example: OAR - Hey Girl.

"We went out late that night
and we danced through the night"

It's like they aren't even trying.

Anonymous said...

I am waiting for the 'to the right' remix

Baseblogger said...

i wish i had funny anonymous posts on my blog...

Unknown said...

Are you knocking first graders? :)