Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tuesday night TV

While watching the WSOP on ESPN tonight it was down to 10 players. The players were playing at a single table, and each of them had earned over a million dollars (tenth place paid over a million.) The announcers kept saying that they would play down to the final table. The episode ended after one player was eliminated and there were 9 players remaining and the final table was set.

I understand that the 'final tv table' was going to be only nine players. But even knowing that (I bet many viewers didnt know that) it was still super annoying for them to keep saying that 9 of these 10 players were going to make the final table. Last time I checked all 10 made the final table. Now I remember why I dont watch poker (especially tournament poker) on TV anymore.
------------------
I have watched all of the episodes of My Boys so far and have enjoyed the show very much. Perhaps it is not surprising, since I admittedly enjoy chick-flicks. The show reminds me of Sex in the City, about a single woman in a big city. The difference is that all her friends are guys, and she acts like a guy. And she is pretty hot. The best part of the show, in my opinion, is that she is a sportswriter for the Cubs. As a result, each show is themed around some aspect of baseball. The show is cheesy at times, and has been predictable on a few occasions, but they are on the right track in terms of having a recipe for success; a show that appeals to both men and women, possibly for very different reasons.
------------------
I am looking forward to 24 and American Idol starting in January.

3 comments:

Mike said...

I tend to forget about shows on TBS, FX, etc. I don't know why, but even when nothing is on I forget to check out the basic cable networks. It's probably a result of not having cable until sometime in high school. Thanks a lot, mom.

Anonymous said...

What's cable?

chuck zoi said...

I don't watch WSOP. The only poker TV I watch any more is High Stakes Poker, by far the best poker show ever.