Wednesday, December 20, 2006

those crazy animals

Apparently pythons from Burma are too tough for the US and taking over the Everglades National Park. It is quite amazing to hear that a python killed and ate an alligator, which then actually killed itself. Here is that story, check out the pic. And another python was in a gators mouth for over 30 hours and survived. These things sound pretty badass. I must admit that even though I am scared of snakes I sort of want to buy a baby Burmese python at a flea market, feed it tiny rodents and watch it grow up from inches to 6 feet in a year. Unfortunately, at that point I would be scared and unable to handle my snake. And then instead of killing it I would probably let it go in the woods behind my house. The funny thing is this is exactly what people did in Florida, and now they are eating all the other animals. Imagine if you walked outside and saw this.

And in other animal news lizards can reproduce with themselves. Judging from the picture, that is probably good news for that lizard. I just hope that Komodo dragon isn't a runner, if so she had better get in touch with Barry Bond's trainer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post scared the crap out of me.

Anonymous said...

i now see what will happen if i keep eating that much. time to cut back.

Eric said...

If an alligator is eating you and all you do is wait it out until the alligator gets tired, and then eat it out of spite, you're a total badass.