Wednesday, August 02, 2006

sometimes thinking of a title to a random post is difficult

at lunch a few weeks ago, myself and some co-workers went down to eat at the inner harbor. we were eating our meal of food, when we noticed a lady had silently crept up all in our stuff. naturally, we stopped and gave her our attention. i knew what she was about, but i could tell this new guy didnt know. she reached out and was offering something, although it was difficult to see what. i declined, but he didnt know any better so he accepted. he read the playing card sized piece of paper and was kind of excited [his body language screamed 'oh neat!] to see that the card had all of the letters with diagrams explaining how to make them in sign language. he then turned over the card to read the part that says the lady was deaf and needed a dollar. he did not give her money, but handed the card back to the lady. then he said, 'i know sign language' and flipped her the bird. ok, that last part didnt really happen. i do not like uncomfortable situations like that, but i guess when it comes to less fortunate people asking for money its better than just begging.

i met a 'freestyle poet' who created a rap on the spot and in his rap he said eric looked like he liked men because he was wearing a scarf. i also bought a list of the top 100 pick up lines from some guy one time. then there is the guy in georgetown who sits on the edge of the bridge and has a pole with a bucket hanging from it and in his other hand he has a stick with a giant arrow on it. when you walk by he hangs the bucket in front of you and then points at it with the giant arrow. its quite clever if you ask me.

i just watched a commerical and i am pretty sure the voiceover is done by jim from the office. the office is like my favorite show on tv so i immediately recognized his voice. but then i started thinking, i wonder how much he got paid for doing that ad. and i wonder how many people know it is his voice. i am not in the advertising business but it doesnt seem to me to be worth it for whatever website to pay jim to do the voiceover. even for people like me that know who it is, am i any more likely to check out the website [i think it was ask.com but i am not sure and i am not planning on spending time verifying that since i dont care] because i think jim was on the commercial talking?

so you think you can dance is on tonight and let me tell you, it is pretty awesome. for some reason, i love this show. i was pretty fired up last week when my favorite contestant from the beginning (allison) got eliminated. she was the best dancer. my favorite remaining contestant is benji. he crackes me up and is pretty good. travis is also a good dancer, but sometimes he can be annoying when he talks too much. plus whenever he does contemporary dances he cries. ivan is cool because he is a good hip hop dancer, which is probably the most fun to watch. my favorite girl left is natalie because she is the hottest. heidi is alright and i dont really like donyelle.

also, if you havent read the comments to these posts then i recommend you go back two posts to read this comment by brian d. it is a treat.

9 comments:

Eric said...

natalie was always my favorite. but how were natalie and allison in the bottom two last week, theyre clearly the best. america cant be trusted to vote on anything, we always screw it up.

Mike said...

are you sure it wasn't Pete Papageorge on the voiceover?

I don't watch SYTYCD, but I do watch The Hills.

Brian said...

nice mike. for those who dont know

http://www.petepapageorge.com

now you know

Saggipss said...

Dude. One of those deaf/mute people came up to me and my cousin in the mall the other day. I felt bad...it was so awkward. Ugh.

Dancing is awesome. I love to dance, but I've only seen a little bit of So You Think You Can Dance. I guess a lot of people really like it, though.

Anonymous said...

Yo cuz, thanks for the shout. True story, by the way. I love Benji as well, probably because his personality reminds me of you. Anyway, your girl Allison is definitely better than Natalie. Natalie is actually my least favorite. I think Heidi is the best right now of the ladies. Ivan rocks and I think Travis is gay and all of his solos look the same. I'm out.

Anonymous said...

You are so Benji! I can't get over it. Anyway, he's definitely my favorite. Travis kind of looks like a little circus monkey when he gets all excited and wraps his arms around the back of his head. Travis and Benji are really good though. I like Heidi and Donyelle the best of the girls left, but I also was sad that Allison left last week.

p.s. - Thanks for clueing me in about your blog. Very entertaining! And I am trying to work "shocker" and "you would" into my everyday vocabulary. Brian D. loves it!

Brian said...

thanks for posting!

i agree that all of trav's (we are on a nickname basis by the way) solos look the same. but i sort of feel like most peoples solos are getting boring at this point since they have done them so many times. except ivan, his are always awesome! I like donyelle, but my main problem (dont think i hate her) is that she is not as light on her feet as some of the others. for many of the dance styles i think her inability to make it look effortless prevents her from being as good as heidi (in my opinion, i know, i am a jerk). i think she has strong talents, but i dont think they can even come close to those of allison. and while i think natalie is my favorite, i think that was just my rebound feelings after allison got dropped. i was sure she was winning! i hope a guy wins. i think that ivan is still so fun to watch but he cant hang with benji or travis in terms of overall polished all-around dance skills. but he smokes them in freestyle awesomeness.

Eric said...

he also doens't like because shes black he said.

Mike said...

I feel left out with all this dance talk... but in a good way.