Thursday, August 03, 2006

my favorite cereals

Since making a list is so hot right now in the world of blogging, i am going to make my first list. my list ranks something that i have never seen rated before. below you will find a discussion about my favorite cereals.

Count Chocula- this is one of my all time favorites. it combines the marshmellows from Lucky Charms with the texture of Honeycomb or Kix and the flavor of Cocoa Pebbles. when you take the best features from the best cereals and put them together, its a lock you are left with one of the all time greatest breakfast treats. the only negative i can think of is something i call raw roof mouth. this is when you are constantly smashing some food into the roof of your mouth and it gets raw. note: some like it that way.

The Pebbles Line - I think i prefer cocoa, but it seems the less i have fruity pebbles, the more i want it. often compared to the Krispies series, i like these cereals for a number of reasons. obviously taste is paramount, but beyond that i enjoy the small sized crispy flakes. i like to eat them very fast, so they dont get soggy, and i dont really like them without milk. the small pieces allow an eater to optimize the process. each spoonfull is heaping, and oral manipulation is a breeze. a good milk-to-cereal ratio is key for enjoying this type of cereal. another often overlooked benefit is that when you are finished eating you are left with flavored milk. one key negative that comes to mind is they are often trapped in frustrating locations including way under your tongue and back between your deepest molars and your cheek.

Cinnammon Toast Crunch and Golden Grahams- I am not sure these should really be grouped together, but I am doing it. honestly the only difference (i agree its significant) is the cinnammon vs. the golden honey flavor. in any case, these cereals are strong based on the crunch and flavor. i like the shape of the delicious morsels. they are even very enjoyable without milk, which is a very important characteristics. the biggest negative i can think of regarding these cereals is that they have a tendency to get soggy, at which point they are not as enjoyable as they are when they are still somewhat crunchy.

I thought i would make a list of like 10 cereals, but that took much longer than i thought it would. also, the bottom of the ninth is starting with ortiz and manny due up with the sox down by 1. i will add more about cereals in the future.

one other note, be on the lookout for a new webpage that was just launched by my friend sparks.

7 comments:

Mike said...

I've thought of throwing a list out there. Maybe soon...

Never had Count C, don't like the pebbles line. Here's my top 3:
3. Cinnamon Toast Crunch
2. Golden Grahams (I feel that you have to separate them, not much beyond shape that's common between them)
1. Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch (which not every grocery store has, so it's kinda like a delicacy)

Honorable Mention: Apple Jacks, Lucky Charms

Brian said...

good pull with apple jacks. cap'n crunch is good (not sure if peanut butter is my top choice) and that cereal is probably what started raw roof mouth.

does anyone even know what i am talking about? maybe i need to revise my chewing style.

chuck zoi said...

I don't know why, but grouping Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Golden Grahams together makes perfect sense to me.

Honey Bunches of Oats is high on my list, as is Cinnamon Life.

Wendy said...

I know what raw foof mouth is. I find you get it from most cereal's w/ marshmellow's in it if you don't let them soften in the milk. It's a combination of hard textures a and too much sugar (oy I'm gonna get blasted for that one)

Mike said...

I'll take the high road here and just say that JW mistyping roof as foof reminded my of Biff... Oh, that guy.

GM-Carson said...

Here's a shot in the dark for ya, my favorite cereal of all time is Banana Nut Crunch...flippin awesome!

Nice blog here, I'd like ya to check my out too: http://pabaseball.blogspot.com and
http://morehardball.blogspot.com

If you like it, we can link each other. I always appreciate more readers/commentors

Saggipss said...

DUDE you finally did it! Yay! I'll try to get mine done tomorrow, heh...

All of the cereals you posted are awesome! And OH MAN I totally know the "raw roof mouth" thing you're talking about. That like...happens to me when I eat bread sometimes. It's so weird.