Wednesday, March 28, 2007

American Dagger

I didn't mind seeing Chris S leave AI last night, but I am getting a bit frustrated with Sanjaya. At first it was funny having him on there. He was unique, soft-spoken, innocent, and a decent singer. But now it seems all he can do (when performing) is talk softly into a microphone. In my opinion he is (and has been for a few weeks) the worst singer remaining in the competition.

I understand that some people support that website that tries to have the worst singer win, and then others are trying to follow Howard Sterns request or whatever... And the best part of those people voting is that they are just as bad as the regular voters. I think they think they are so badass and cooler than regular AI voters. They hate AI and everyone who watches it. After all, normal AI voters spend 2 hours voting over the phone every Tuesday night. That is SOO much less cool than the Howard Stern fans who spend their Tuesday nights voting on American Idol!

Even though the Pro-jayas will never understand that, it doesn't really bother me. The thing that really gets me is Sanjayas newfound confidence. At least when he was innocent and sucked I felt sort of bad for him, and there was always a decent chance he would cry on stage. Now he seems to be coming out of his shell more and for some reason thinks he belongs. He has much more of an attitude, and is much more outspoken then in the past. And if he were like that in the beginning it wouldnt bother me. But right when he starts sucking big time and being out sung each week, he now feels like he is in a position to talk back to the judges and get all confident? Basically I can't stand him anymore. I want one of the judges to just be really mean for once... Except I fear that might result in a backlash and the Fanjayas would vote even more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you post on this travesty. This year will mark the downfall of AI. I bet that girly, whispering singer will make it to the top 5.

Eric said...

Last night was a perfect example of this. I don't get how you can be so full of yourself when you and everyone else knows that you suck and the only reason you're still around is because of how bad you are.